Lifetime Movie Review - Twist of Faith

Read the Lifetime Movie Description of this movie here.

My Review:

*Spoiler Alert* If you haven't watched the movie yet, do not read this review :-)

Okay, so I'm a fan of Toni Braxton. That was the only reason I initially wanted to watch this movie. However, it was a really good movie with real life situations.
Image via
Jacob loses his family to gun violence. It happened to tragically by a lunatic on a city bus who got into a dispute with Jacob's wife. The maniac ends up killing her, their three children and the bus driver before taking his own life. Jacob partially witness the incident.

Nina is a church-going single mother who's dedicated to raising her son. She's burdened by a bad decision she made while out one night drinking with the girls and ended up cheating on her husband, thus ending their marriage.

Throughout the movie, I like how both characters never lose faith. You would think after Jacob lost his family, his faith would've weaned, but instead, his faith was stronger. Nina doesn't give up on life either.

With all the talk of gun violence in the media, this movie shows both sides of the issue. Jacob's family was killed with gun violence. At one point when Jacob goes hunting, he's afraid to touch a gun. But when two drunk men break into the church and starts to vandalize it and assaults him and Nina, he finds the gun and shoots one of them. What would've happened had he not had the gun? Who knows...

I also like the obvious romance between Jacob and Nina. They are two people that you would never expect to see together, but it plays together nicely in the movie.

Overall, the movie was very good, the actors were superb and I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars!

Photobucket

www.tinamartin.net
   
Author of:

1 comment :

  1. I loved the movie as well. I initially watched because of Toni Braxton but I fell in love with the storyline and the characters. I especially love the gospel song Jacob wrote. I wonder if this song and music is available for me to print. If anyone knows more about the song, please give a shout out here. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Love Your Thoughts: